1. Licensed to Operate School #1200261 (Bureau Private Post Secondary Education), Since 1989. "Licensed to operate means compliance with state standards as set forth in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009" www.bppe.ca.gov
2. Only School in Humboldt County Approved by the California Massage Therapy Council, School # SCH0011 ** www.camtc.org
3. NATIONAL CERTIFICATION BOARD FOR THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE AND BODY WORK (NCBTMB): Approved Continuing Education Provider #022364-00
4. Massage Law in California is still Voluntary- meaning that the laws are different county by county.
5. Loving Hands Institute is a member of ABMP, the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals.
6. Massage Laws are different in every state, there is NO National Certification- the above mentioned NCBTMB is an association that provides credibility to your resume
CA STATE REQUIREMENTS
Currently, in California, state certification is voluntary, so you can take our 152 hour program and practice in Humboldt County as a HMP (Holistic Massage Practitioner). In order to become a CMT (Certified Massage Therapist), you need a minimum of 500 hours.
LOVING HANDS OFFERS 1 program broken down into 7 electives: Swedish, Reflexology, Acupressure, Lymph, Deep Tissue, Chair massage, and Introduction to Neuromuscular Therapy)- total of 646 hours towards state certification. Students have the option of completing the program at their own pace. After three years if you have not completed the program you will be required to pay an additional non-refundable administrative fee of $100 upon re-enrollment. All of our programs offer flexible payment options. Total cost of tuition (excluding materials and books) for our 646 hour program is approximately $9690.
Please note every state is different. If you plan to relocate please look into other state requirements.
ASSEMBLY BILL AB 1147 - BONILLA - MASSAGE THERAPY
Summary of changes from current Massage Therapy Law to AB 1147
Notice to CMPs
Disclosure Statement for Prospective Students
Currently in California state certification is voluntary, for more information please visit: www.camtc.org